Master Bedroom Reveal

By now you have seen so many glimpses of the finished master bedroom along the way that these pictures will be old news.   Below is a before picture.  The room started out pretty drab looking,

so I  made the design board below as a guide.

I spent the summer looking for gold frames, a round mirror, a nightstand and artwork at yard sales.  I found a small gold framed pastel landscape and surrounded it with another gold frame to make it appear larger.

I even used gold framed mirrors as trays on the nightstand and bureau.

I made curtains with Ikat fabric and pillow shams with a chinoiserie style fabric.  I found both fabrics at a local discount fabric store.  I made a paint by number pillow and a stained cane pendant shade.

I bought the coverlet and mirror at Homegoods.   I made some lamps out of vases that I picked up at Homegoods also.

It took over three months to pull it all together, but I’m liking the end result.

Sharing with:

DIY Show Off, Coastal Charm, Cozy Little House, Home Stories A to Z, Thrifty Decor Chick, Stone Gable, House of Hepworths, Common Ground, Miss Mustard Seed, Funky Junk Interiors, DIY by Design, Beneath My Heart

Comments

1. says

Your room is just lovely. You have so many creative ideas in that brain of yours! Maybe if I made one of those boards it wouldn’t be taking me almost 2 years to finish one room. Who am I kidding? There’s no way I’m going to finish that room in just 2 years!!! Unless you come and live with us for a few months. :@

It’s hard to believe it’s the same room!

2. says

Your master bedroom looks great. I love that mirror (and Home Goods)! I wonder how much it would cost to make one like that? Hmmmm……. I really like your nightstand too, great find. I need something similar for our room.

3. says

WOW! What a difference. It was worth every single day that it took you to complete. Those drapes are amazing. I love the big bold pattern with the neutrals. Way to go girl!

4. says

Gorgeous! Love the drapes (can’t believe you made them) and the mirror. The colors in your room are also relaxing and soothing. Found your blog through Cozy Little House.

5. says

What a lovely bedroom!!! I can’t take my eyes of those drapes – perfect! And, love the idea of putting a larger frame over an already framed piece. Fab job :)

6. says

Love your curtains and your mirror.

My bedroom is a similar shape, except our bed is in the center of the windows. I hate the placement, but we have two doors on the wall where your bed is and there’s no room for my bed on that side. Wish I could have the furniture set up like yours.
    ~FringeGirl

7. says

I am in love with your bedroom! What a drastic change! It is my first time visiting and I head to click over and see those gorgeous curtains! i adore so many elements! The headboard and sideboard and lamps and the hits of metallic. Seriously beautiful! Cant wait to look around more.

8. says

What an absolutely gorgeous makeover. I really love the drapes that you made. They are so beautiful. I saw you featured over at Home Stories A to Z. I would love if you would link up to my party that opens at 8pm EST on Tuesday evening. Hope to see you then.

9. Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. says

Absolutely beautiful room Mary – so calm and relaxing! It has a great mix of vintage and modern!

10. says

Wow! So beautiful! Your design style reminds me of Emily Henderson :) Pinning! I found you via Coastal Charm. I’d love it if you came by and said hi, myclevernest.com!
    Alyssa

11. says

Your bedroom is gorgeous. I will be featuring this tomorrow night at my Fall into Fall party that opens at 8pm EST. Please stop by and pick up an I’ve Been Featured button. Thanks.

12. says

Mary, your room looks so pretty! I LOVE the ikat curtains and I can’t wait to check out the link to your lamps! Such a soothing, pretty, pulled together room!

Trackbacks