Christmas Home Tour

Christmas Home Tour from At Home on the Bay

Welcome, welcome. Come on in and make yourself at home. Let’s start the Christmas Home Tour right here by the front door.

Christmas home tour

Christmas Home Tour

I can’t believe 2013 is coming to a close already.

Christmas in the living roon

Have you ever wrapped a picture in paper and lace ribbon? I got the idea from my friend, Loretta, who does this every Christmas as part of her decor.

livingroon

Do you remember my post about collecting hobnail milk glass? Well, my mother read it and gave me a couple of pieces that she received as a wedding gift. Thanks, Mom!

christmas decor

Christmas in the living room

I found the green curtains at the community yard sale at the end of the summer. They were $7 for 7 panels. I almost fainted while I was running to the check out. But seriously, I didn’t know what I would do with them at the time. They were just too good a deal to pass up. The green is a nice change for the holidays.

christmas dining room tour

Let’s head into the dining room. Can you smell the gingerbread house? I love that smell.

christmasdinigroomtour

I draped placemats over the tops of the chairs and tied them with ribbons saved from old Christmas packages. I can’t throw away pretty ribbons.

Christmas Home tour

Last stop is the kitchen.

christmasinthekitchen

It is such a busy time of year. Let’s sit down a while and rest.

Christmas kitchen tour

Here is my winter wonderland in a bowl displayed on top of the 5 minute birch cake stand.

Christmas kitchen chalkboard

One of my favorite quotes of the season.

christmaskitchencookie

Thanks for stopping by during this busy time of year.

signature

Comments

1. says

Hi Mary, your home looks so sweet for the Christmas season. I like the natural elements of pine, fir and cedar, and birch wood. And of course, lots of red. Your woven place mats over the chair backs is a wonderful idea. I love your hobnail dishes from your mother. I recently found a square hobnail dish in a box that I think might have been an ashtray but I will find a better use for it I think. lol Have a wonderful day. Pamela

2. says

You are the only one I know who can change out curtains for the holidays and end up with a stunning room! I can’t believe you found those curtains for such a good price! I’d love to have floor to ceiling curtains, but my windows are situated over live steam cast iron baseboard heaters and they get so hot that it would be a fire hazard to hang curtains. Anyway, off the subject again, your home looks warm and cozy and festive at the same time with all the special touches that are uniquely you, Mary. Thank you for the tour and have a Merry Christmas!

xo, Vickie

3. says

Wrapping the picture on the wall like a present is such a fun idea! And the placemats on the chairs. Pretty amazing that you found those curtains so inexpensively and that they look great for the season – score!

4. says

What a warm and welcoming holiday home. And I absloutely adore your large collection of plates you have hanging on your wall. Thank you so much for sharing!

5. Lori Ann says

So charming! My gifts are all wrapped and sent so now I can do the decor! Thanks for such inspiration. Much happiness to you and your family this holiday season and 2014!

6. says

Mary, your home is so festive, warm and inviting! I adore those trees and the double decker bus in the cups. ADORABLE! What a brilliant idea to tie placemats to the back of your dining room chairs. Wow! I’ll have to try that!!!! All is MERRY AND BRIGHT at your home!

7. says

I’m still out making the rounds of all the great Christmas home tours and having so much fun! Your home looks so cozy and warm. It’s just glowing. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas, Mary, and that your New Year is Happy!