Paint by Number Wall Update

Paint by Number Wall

I recently found a few more paint by numbers on Etsy (one of my fav places to look for them).  They were not framed.  I thought it would be easy to find inexpensive oak frames, but I couldn’t find them anywhere.  Well, what I mean by anywhere is Walmart or Target.  I thought about hanging them without frames, but then my sweet husband said he would make me some.  How lucky am I?

Paint by Number Wall

Last week, I found this Etsy shop called StudioLiscious.  They make these paint by number art blocks (below) out of recycled 1/2″ thick birch plywood scraps. Then, they use a process that involves manually transferring the pigments of an archival print onto wood.  Can you believe they are only $20 – $22?  I’m kind of liking the shapes, and  I am thinking about getting one.   These, I would hang without the frame.  I really like the sizes and vintage coloring.

paintbnum

paintbynumb

paintbynum

Source: StudioLicious

What do you think … should I get one?  I’m thinking … yes. Valentine’s Day is right around the corner.  I’d rather have one of these than a box of candy any day.  (Hint … hint … Honey.)

Sharing with:

Cozy Little House

Cedar Hill Ranch

Coastal Charm

Home Stories A to Z

Jennifer Rizzo

Comments

1. says

I like the way you think! A box of candy would be gone in a day, but you’d have a fantastic piece of art forever! Your stairwell wall looks wonderful and your Valentine’s present will fit in nicely.

Lucky you to have a hubby who can frame your art!

2. Becky says

Ahwwww, what a nostalgic feeling these evoke, I might beat you and get to studio licious first….great minds think alike!

3. says

What a great paint by number collection!! I have been coveting the PBN paintings for years, but I have never found one thrifting that I liked, and I haven’t dared go on eBay!! The other day we actually found a diptich of horse paint by numbers at the Goodwill, but they wanted $25 each. A decent price, but I just didn’t have a spare $50 that day! I actually went back later to go ahead and get them, but they were already gone. Whomp whomp. Maybe someday I’ll get lucky! Meanwhile, I can love on yours! :-) If you order one of those block painting things, let us know how it is! ~Angela~

4. says

I’m not sure I can even tell you how I found your wonderful post – but I was at Coastal Charm linky party last and I found you there. I love your PBN! I too have a large collection – my most prized one is a 16 x 20 Geisha Girl that was going to be thrown out at an estate sale where the kids working had no idea what it was! I have mostly nature scenes although I have a few Icon pictures in my dining room. I love how you used the shutter! I am looking for something along those lines for my entry way and I may just copy off you – if that’s okay! Love your blog!

5. says

I remember doing a paint by number or two when I was young…my grandfather had done a very intricate one and that inspired me to try…of COURSE get one of the shaped ones! :) They are a nice thing to collect so go ahead! :)

6. Betty says

Love your collection of PBN’s! I lucked onto 7-8 at an auction – great price! – and like you, finding appropriate frames has been almost impossible. SO I gave up, found vintage of other eras and am gradually painting them (Annie Sloan) to coordinate. I did like that etsy site you linked to – great idea!